Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New website

Last night my new website went live. I hope you'll have a look at www.marjabergen.com. It's only a single page, however it was amazing how much went into it. I'm very grateful to my son Cornelius and his wife Jeannette of Matchbox Creative for designing it. They make a talented team. Jeannette is a great designer and Cornie is a clever programmer.

Thing about creating such a thing is all the information that you need to make sure it's perfect. The research into what I needed to charge for shipping alone took half a day to do. Trying to find the best way to ship something is not as straight forward as one would think. And the costs are much more than one would think they should be.

Cornie was wonderful helping me figure out what was most important to put on the site. And Jeannette had the great idea to create an eblast to send to everyone I know. This announces the new book and alerts people to the website.

How fortunate I am to have such talented children who care so much about what I'm doing!

The launch of A Firm Place to Stand is only three days away. I'm excited but holding together. If you remember, could you offer up a prayer for me now and then?

6 comments:

shebee said...

Wow Marja! I am so happy for you that you have so much support for your book launch and your website! I will definately be praying for you over the next few days. Hopefully I'll even be able to make it to your launch...depends on if/when junior decides to show up! Anyways, much love to you.
God bless,
Shebee

Coco said...

Congratulations Marja! I'm off to check it out :)

marja said...

Hi Shebee. Thanks for sharing the excitement with me and for praying. I hope you're doing well. Wouldn't it be something if you could make it to the launch?

marja said...

Thanks, Coco. I need to come visit you as well.

Nancie said...

Marja, I rejoice with you. Praise God! May God continue to bless your blog, website, books and Living Room for His glory and encouragement of His suffering people. May His joy be your strength always! Thanks for your prayers and encouragements. You are in my thoughts and prayers too. Take care and God bless!

marja said...

Nancie: It's always so good to hear from you. I hope you're doing better.