Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing is impossible...

...with God. I truly believe that this is true. "Nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)

I've found that to be true in how Living Room has developed. My own Living Room group has become strong and there are at least eight other groups going right now - and maybe more. More are in the works. And this could never have happened if I hadn't thought of it as God's work - not Marja's work. All I do is the footwork. All I do is pass along what God gives me to say. I put myself in His hands.

Often I felt so very small for this. How could I possibly do something as big as this? But I learned to trust that God is at work and all I had to do was follow. And how I have grown through it! And I learned that nothing is impossible when we trust in God and let Him lead the way.

And now I think of this hypomanic idea I've come up with: this relay march across Canada. Is it a God-size idea or a hypomanic-size idea? Or are the two one and the same? I just know that if God is in this, it can happen. If God is in this, I need to be obedient and follow. But I've also learned not to rush into things like this. I need to wait for my mood to even out and see if I still feel so strongly about it. Perhaps all that will be required from me is to cast the vision. Perhaps all I'll need to do is talk to a few influential people.

If you're puzzled about what I'm talking about here, please read the two posts I wrote yesterday - written - I know - in a bit of a hypomanic fervour. And yet such fervour has led to good things too, hasn't it? I must not throw this idea away as pure lunacy. It would be great if this dream could truly happen.

Today my mood is more even. I've drawn back. Was even downright down for awhile last night and this morning. And this morning I've done nothing much but think. That's not a good thing. Thinking without action is unhealthy for a bipolar.

It's almost lunchtime for me. After lunch I will work on some photographs of a baby I took awhile ago. Focus on something creative.

A couple of years ago I gave up photography, choosing to put all the energy I had into mental health work. But recently I decided it would be healthy to start up again. I need a more balanced life. I need to do something creative. The gift I have of photographing young children is God-given. To reject it would be a sin I think. So now I'm re-discovering the joy I always found in this work. Perhaps I will post one of the pictures next week, once I get permission from the mom and dad.

The sun is shining in spring-like fashion here in Vancouver. The birds were singing early this morning. God has given us a beautiful day.

No comments: