Saturday, October 24, 2009

The eleventh hour

Well, the open house is almost upon me. Today I will do all the last minute things. The last minute shopping. Setting up all the stuff I'm selling. I'd like to do as much as possible so I'll be able to go to church tomorrow. No reason I can't, I figure.

This has been a busy week, with lots of mental health work to do: a heavy Living Room session yesterday (though a good one too). A friend ending up in hospital. Lots of time spent in support of people.

So good to have this happy occasion on Sunday to balance things out. Even though it too is stressful and a very lot of work, it's all good stuff.

I'm coming to see that we can deal with quite a bit of stress, as long as there's a balance between good stress and bad stress. They tend to cancel each other out. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marja,

I'm sorry I will miss your open house. I have been in the hospital all week, now on a weekend pass. I should be d/c tomorrow or in the next couple of days.

Hope all goes well!

K in WR

marja said...

I'm sorry to hear you're in hospital, K. Sorry too you won't be able to make it. You take care now, ok? Just said a little prayer for you.
- marja