Monday, October 15, 2012

Keeping margin in my life

A few posts ago I was considering starting an online Living Room., a blog that would try to do for people what real life Living Room meetings do for attendees. I've thought much about it, but today I can see I'm just too busy to take on another thing. Perhaps if I were younger and had more energy I could manage it. Is it common not to be able to handle as much when you get into your senior years? I'm really finding that I need lots of down times. Time to relax. Time without commitments.

Quite a few years ago my pastor gave a sermon that included the importance of building margin into your life. We should never be so busy that we can't respond to a friend in need. We should never try to cram too many things into our schedule. Breathing space is important.

Now at sixty-six I find that all the more true. I just can't do as much as I used to.

There are people in my life who I need to make room for: my husband, my 98-year-old mother, my friends, people from Living Room needing extra attention. I also need to keep room in my life for writing and for photography. There is also endless work to be done trying to plant more Living Room groups. Uggh!! I could use an extra me!

With all this going, it would be down-right crazy of me to start another blog, wouldn't it? What was I thinking of?

No comments: