Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Doing rather than thinking

I woke up feeling crummy again this morning. And I realize how I need to shorten my quiet time in the morning and get moving earlier - like the writing here I'm doing now. Too much time sitting is not a good thing.

I have a lot of little things on my to-do list for today. Just little - all manageable - things. And I look forward to ticking them off. Such a good feeling that is! Just thinking about it makes me feel better.

One bigger thing I need to work on is my devotional for Friday's Living Room meeting. We will talk about how Christmas was, why it was that way, and looking to the future - the new year. Leaving the old behind.

Yesterday went well. My Curves workout did me such a lot of good. And I enjoyed my visit with Mom. I'm so happy with how she's doing. She's not lonely at the home anymore. Has made some good friends. Is happy. She's responding so well to the care she's receiving now.

Life is good. God is good.

Please, God, help me remember that.

2 comments:

Nancie said...

A very blessed and joyous New Year to you, Marja! Thank God for His loving-kindness and blessings upon you. So glad that you are better and things are working out well. Thank God! May God's love, mercies and blessings continue to surround you and your family this year.

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragements. I thank God for you. You have been a great encouragement to me. May the joy of our Lord continue to be your strength as you walk with Him and serve Him this year. Take care God bless!

Love,
Nancie

Spin Original said...

Happy New Year, Marja!!! I pray that God will bless you and that you will find His peace, love and joy wherever you go.

May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.