Thursday, July 01, 2010

Morning has broken


An amazing answer to prayer: My friend in hospital has improved by leaps and bounds. Two days ago she wasn't allowed her clothes because she was still so suicidal. Today she will probably be allowed an accompanied pass, meaning she can leave the hospital if she has someone with her.

Her spirit is so up. She is so grateful, praising God. She delights me so much and gives me such joy.

The day after she turned around so well I was sitting in my favourite chair on the patio having my quiet time, feeling very grateful. I noticed the sun shining on our hanging fushchia basket. I noticed how it illuminated one of the blossoms beautifully and decided to photograph it. As I was shooting a few pictures, a bee flew into the frame. How special that bee made the picture! It takes the picture from being an ordinary picture of a flower to being something a bit more special. God's work, eh?

That very day I made a bookmark from it for my friend, a bookmark celebrating her turning from darkness to light. "Morning has broken."

I'm praising God this morning. He is so good. He answers prayer.



To read more Thankful Thursday blogposts visit Lynn.

2 comments:

Nancie said...

Dear Marja,

Thank God that your friend has improved by leaps and bounds! I am so happy to know that. I am keeping her in prayers. May God continue to restore her and strengthen her. Glad that you have been able to spend time with her and encouraging her. I love the bookmark you made. The picture is beautiful and the bee really makes the picture even more special. God's creations are really beautiful.

Thanks for your visit, prayers and encouragements. I am resting in the Lord and learning to pace myself. It is a continuing challenge. I think you know well what I mean :) Thank God that He watches over us daily and we can casts all our cares upon Him. Take care and have a blessed week. I remember you in prayers too.

Love,
Nancie

marja said...

Thank you, Nancie. I'm glad you're finding peace with God and that you're trying to pace yourself. I'm having to do that myself as well right now.

One little step at a time, that's all God requires from us, not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow - casting all our anxieties on Him. But you know all that. Just doing that can be hard though, can't it? Especially when we've been overworking and overcaring.

Take care, Nancie.

Praying for you,
marja