Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Back at last


We've been back for several days from our fishing trip, but I only had a chance to get back to blogging tonight. So much to share! Pictures, news, thoughts.

This is a picture of my husband and best friend Wes with two of the 16 trout he caught. Actually he caught a lot more but let many go. We ate six and brought ten home, enough to share with friends.

I had a glorious time looking out over the various lakes we camped at, listening to the loons, reading, and working on the manual for prospective new Living Room facilitators. These manuals are going to be such a good tool to get new groups started. I'm thankful to my friend Helen for helping me come up with the idea of putting these together.

My article, Mental Disorders: the Result of Sin? has received tremendous response. It's obvious that Christians have a need to discuss mental health issues in a Christian forum that will not be judgemental. This article is allowing this to happen. The www.canadianchristianity.com website is making such a forum possible for them. I'm thrilled and so is the editor. He has asked me to come up with a follow-up article.

I will soon take some time to catch up with all of your blogs. I will probably have a lot of reading and responding to do. But first I have to sit down and pay some bills and then to bed. Will "see" you all tomorrow.

I hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

sbwrites said...

Marja,
Congrats to Wes! My husband was impressed. When I showed him your photograph, he was ready to get his fly rods, hop into the car, and find the nearest lake or stream.

While, we can't go right now, we just liked thinking about it!

Susan

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Welcome back. Those are big, luscious fishes you and your husband caught. You really had a good time. Congrats for your article at canadianchristianity.com. It sure was a big hit. God bless and more power.