Friday, August 22, 2008

Dropping in

Hi everyone. I just thought I should drop in and let you know I'm still alive. We had a wonderful holiday. I did a lot of reading. What a treat it was to be able to do that without distractions!

I came home to a huge amount of phone calls and emails to respond to. A pleasure to do, but leaving very little time for blogging. My blogging has been getting as bad and sporadic as my Curves workouts. So much to do. And, when I do have some time, I just want to retreat to my favourite chair with my journal and a cup of coffee. Or I take some time to play Ticket to Ride with my husband. I don't like to blog or work out when I have to cram it into my schedule. It's all part of taking care of myself.

I did check in on a couple of you. Found out that Jena is out of hospital (Yes!!). And that Merelyme left a beautiful message about me on her blog. (Thank you so much for the affirmation, Merelyme.)

Perhaps after Living Room today, I'll be able to take a bit more time to check on you all and to read what you've been up to and how you've been. I will try.

I'm faring well, in spite of the huge busyness of promoting A Firm Place to Stand. But it's work I love to do and work I believe in - happy work. I'm just very grateful God has given me this purpose to live for.

FYI, canadianchristianity.com has re-published an article I wrote last year. I was thrilled to have received an award for that article and am happy they have chosen to run it again.

Must go now and gather things together for my Living Room meeting.

6 comments:

Spin Original said...

Hi Marja! Welcome back!! I am glad you had a good holiday.

I don't like to rush posts either - I understand you on that one!!

I looked at the article you wrote, as I get them send to me by email. Congratulations!!!

I am glad you are doing well. I really wish we could sit down and talk.

Synchronicity said...

hey marja! so good to hear from you. i am always appreciative when you stop by for a visit. i know how busy you must get.

marja said...

Hi PJ, I agree. It would be nice to get together over a cup of coffee. In fact, wouldn't it be neat if we could do a Living Room meeting with all us bipolars who get together here?

Merelyme. I do love to visit you. This evening - after I've tidied up a huge mess around my house and filled up on some pizza and beer - I promise myself some visiting time with my online friends. See you in a couple of hours.

Nancie said...

Welcome back, Marja! We missed you. Glad you have had a good holiday. It is so needful. Take time to pace yourself. May God bless you in all that you do for Him and His people!

JC said...

Welcome back Marja! Thank you for all of your comments, you said some things that were very helpful and I made a point to remember them. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts in blog land whenever you find time. Glad you have found ways of making good use of your time, I have at least 1 person to learn from (I know there's more out there, I'm just waiting for them to comment on my blogs as a few of you guys have ;) )

marja said...

Hi Nancie, Thanks for the reminder to pace myself. It's good to have friends remind me to do that. And I do listen to you.

Hey Jena! We'll keep in close touch, okay? With God's help you'll get through the times you're going through right now. You'll learn to live the life God has given you.