Saturday, April 07, 2012

This is the day...!


This morning I was thinking how wrong it was that I had been thinking so much about depression and suffering. That's all I seem to have written about lately. It would be so much healthier to think and write about joyful things.

Good Friday was truly "good" for me. Pastor Don had us focus on all the things I've been meditating on lately. His prayers helped me come to terms and talk to God about them.

But now it's time to think of Easter and the resurrection. It's time to focus on joy. The daffodils are blooming outside and the sun is shining beautifully. Time to start writing about happier things.

I wonder if I'm even capable of that. Writing about joy is something I haven't done for a long while. Yet I must try. For my health's sake, I must try.

Then I thought of a verse from the Psalms that has always meant a lot to me. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Perfect to focus on at Easter time. And - at the same time - I thought of an activity that brings me almost more joy than anything. I LOVE marrying my photographs with favourite Bible verses, making bookmarks with them, and then sharing them with others. Two favourite things coming together: photography and Scripture.

So...I've made a bookmark to celebrate Easter. We will put one in each of the bulletins at church tomorrow. In every way a source of joy for me and - I hope - for others too.

No comments: