Monday, February 25, 2013

Showers of blessings


Through the prophet Ezekiel, in chapter 34, verses 26 - 27 of his book, God said,
26 I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. 27 The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them.
I believe that when God speaks to one person or group of people He is speaking to all of us. He is speaking to you and to me and whoever hears His word.

Don't you just love the words: "there will be showers of blessing?" It reminds me of spring showers that bring forth fresh green grass, new leaves on the trees, and flowers - all ready for the sunshine of a new season to bathe them with its warmth - gifts - blessings from our loving Father in heaven.

I've just started following Charles Spurgeon's devotional, Morning and Evening. Such riches his writings are! You may hear me quote him quite often. Spurgeon asks, "What is thy season this morning? Is it the season of drought? Then that is the season for showers. Is it a season of great heaviness and black clouds? Then that is the season for showers."

God will send showers. Not depressing ones, but "showers of blessings."

Says Spurgeon: "Look up today, O parched plant, and open thy leaves and flowers for a heavenly watering."
I'm sharing a picture I took some years ago of a wild rose, looking clean after a spring shower. Can't you just smell the sweet aroma?
(If you want to receive messages like this one to your inbox on Mondays and Thursdays, I'd be happy to have you on my list. Go to the homepage of www.livingroomsupport.org and leave your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.)

No comments: