Thursday, June 18, 2009

In good hands

Thank God, Living Room is in good hands. We had a volunteer offer to coordinate and facilitate the July and August meetings. And many hands have offered to help with all the other details, like the lunches.

I've had some good days and then some bad. On the bad days, I don't necessarily feel dark, but all I want to do is sleep. And then it's hard to motivate myself to do anything. That lack of motivation is very discouraging and - yes - depressing.

And I wonder: I've been struggling like this for over six months now. How much longer will it continue? When I'm down, I lose all hope. Will I ever be able to get off this roller coaster? Am I doomed to continue the rest of my life in this condition? When can I truly pick up my work with enthusiasm again?

This morning I meditated on Philippians 4:6-7. "The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

And in verse 8, Paul talks about all the excellent and praiseworthy things we need to think about. Good advice. Please, God, help me cling to these verses today.

I have some things lined up to do today. That is good. And I'll see my GP about this excessive sleepiness. Might it be a physical problem? My thyroid maybe?

2 comments:

Spin said...

Nice to hear from you. You asked the question, "Will I ever be able to get off this roller coaster?" That's funny because my Facebook status says that I'm wondering if this roller coaster ride will ever come to a complete stop. Sounds like we are on a similar page.

Good for you to get the tiredness checked out. Hopefully it's something treated simply, such as thyroid.

Thinking of you today.

marja said...

Hi Paula, Thanks for dropping in. I know my roller coaster ride will never stop. That's bipolar for you. But the way it's been lately has been too much - too many bad days thrown in there.

Sorry I haven't visited you for awhile. Haven't visited anyone for awhile. I hope to soon.