Thursday, January 03, 2008

A new lease

Wow! I'm feeling so much better now that the holidays are over. The pressure is off. I still have a lot of things I need to do and want to do, but I feel good about them - I look forward to doing them. Nothing needs to be done in a rush. An amazing thing mood is. What a difference it can make to your enjoyment of life.

Yesterday I saw my gp because I needed a new prescription for my thyroid medication. He asked me whether I had been stable. When I told him I'd been struggling, he decided to up my thyroid medication a bit. It turns out that my last blood test showed I was a little up in whatever it is (don't understand it all) and that there is a possibility that my recent mood disturbances might have been affected by this. There is a belief that bipolar disorder is linked with thyroid problems though no one knows yet why this is. Interesting, isn't it?

I spent this morning planning some menus for the next while and a good long shopping list to go with it. So long since I've done that. I've been lazy about cooking. Good to get organized about it. I find the most difficult thing about preparing meals is deciding what to cook. If I have some good solid plans in place, it's much easier to get myself motivated. Lists of all kinds are such good motivators.

I'll be doing some housekeeping to this site over the next while. As you've probably noticed, my blogroll is terribly out of date and many of you who visit me regularly and who I visit regularly are not even on it. This is because I just don't know how to program this stuff in and have to rely on my son to do it for me. He will be doing this soon now. I've tried to get him to show me how to do it but - so far - he hasn't trusted me with it. Says that if I make a mistake I could do damage to my site.

Must now get moving on this day. "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Good to be feeling so content and motivated again!

No comments: