Friday, April 23, 2010

Too much new

I think I'm trying to learn too many new things all at one time. I'm learning to paint in watercolour and I'm learning Spanish. And both of these are so hard, especially for a 64-year-old like me. I've never felt my age so much. Usually I feel quite young. I don't feel like a senior at all. Usually I feel vibrant, excited about what I'm doing, capable of a lot. Yet now...

Maybe I should focus mostly on painting for now. I'm taking a class and if I'm going to get the most out of it, I'll have to do lots of practising. Make some time to paint every other day or so.

In a few weeks we're going to Greece. I need to prepare for that too. My husband wants me to do something that focuses on Greece - paint it, photograph it, study the history, or write about it. Thought at first that I would try to do some painting while there, but I've changed my mind. It's photography I should do - something I know I can do. Something I know I could achieve good results with. I would like to take my water soluble pencils as well though and play with them a bit. Yet I'll need to practise a bit - learn how to use them. Oh oh! Something new to learn...again.

But today I must focus on Living Room. I must pray over that meeting. Forget about all this other stuff for a bit and be totally there for the people who come. Living Room is something I can do.

2 comments:

Laura Peroni said...

Hi Marja, I am on the roller coaster, is the most longer crisis I had, learning to paint seems great to me. take your photographs and then paint it is very relieving. I am posting somethigs in my blog too if you have time please drop by.
Laura

marja said...

Hola Laura!

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Yes, I'll keep trying the painting. One thing, I think I'm learning to mix the paints better than I was awhile ago. Getting the colours you want is a big step.

Yes, I will go see your blog, perhaps learn some Spanish from you.

Blessings, marja