Sunday, April 13, 2008

And by the way...

The Living Room meeting on Friday was awesome once more. Another big turnout of 22 people and a great discussion on the topic: "No one is indispensable."

Many members took part in the discussion. One person said that Jesus is the only one who is indispensable. Pastor Don said that it's the act the person does that is indispensable, not the person himself. One man disagreed with that, saying he would not be where he is today without someone who helped him find God and turn his life around. He felt that no other person but that one could have done that. ...and could another person have contributed what Einstein did?

In my own life, I know there would not have been a Living Room if it weren't for a number of people who came into my life - people who showed me how great God's love is - and a person who mentored me, encouraged me, and was just the kind of friend I needed. This friend is irreplaceable.

I brought along the comments some of you made on my post on this topic. They helped fill out the discussion very well. I think everyone appreciated your "presence" with us.

4 comments:

Nancie said...

Glad your meeting at Living Room has been wonderful, Marja. It's good to hear from different people.

God has put many wonderful people in our life and each one is special in their own special ways. God is using us to make a difference in others' life too, in our own unique ways. Wish I can attend your Living Room one day :) Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just found your blog and I like what I read, I hope that perhaps I will find the time to read it properly!

marja said...

Nancie, Yes, it would be so neat if you could attend one of our meetings. Imagine if we could meet in real life!

marja said...

Alison: Welcome to my blog. I do hope you'll come back and visit when you have more time.